With a little imagination and some good ol' elbow grease, you can transform any old door into a one-of-a-kind piece that's both useful and beautiful.
8 Different Uses for Old Doors
1. Many old doors have recessed panels that are perfect for insetting a mirror.
2. Solid-wood doors make great tabletops, as they're already cut to a convenient size. Simply find a door you like, paint it, or strip or sand it lightly for an aged look-- then attach legs or a base that suits your style.
3. For a super-easy table, place any door atop two painted sawhorses. If the door has raised or recessed panels, consider covering it with a cut-to-size sheet of glass to provide a smooth surface for drinks or other items that might wobble.
4. Many doors are the size of bookcases, making them perfect for that (re)purpose.
5. You can install shelves on the front of a door for a quick and easy storage solution. Lots of people already attach hooks to the backs of doors to hang coats, belts, hats and other accessories.
But who says the door must be attached to a door frame?